September 14, 2010

Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned


INCUBUS
 

there was a time when i was young
a boy with bold ambitions
there was a time when i could tell the crooked from
the wicked one

there was a song that someone sung
a hind of recognition
there was a time i knew you well enough to know
you won't b gone

come with me tonight
tell me how it feels to b alive

there was a time i had respect
a name a reputation
there was a time when i could watch myself without
being disgraced

come with me tonight
let us find a place where we  can hide

come into the light
let me show you how we stay alive

the word incubus means to lie on
and it was believed that any heavy feeling in bed
such as a weight pressing down on your chest
especially accompanied by nightmares
was a sure sign that an incubus had attempet to
have a nocturnal intercourse with you
given the religious fervor of the middle ages
there's not all together surprising that the idea of a
demon lover was believed to account of this
phenomenon


SO LONG


a minute more till the light of day is seen lay down
i know you must be nearly there
a bloody kiss and the vision of a dream
for the last of your days in the sun

in the white light i am calm
yet peculiarly cold
silent slumber and wide awake
lord have mercy on my soul
so long you sorrow begone
show me how it feels to be alive
no more denial
so long
let as find a place where we can hide

you fed me long and my god you fed me well
sleep tight these day belongs to you my dear
and i am bound like a beast unto its prey
we are one of a kind you and i

pale moon wonder i'm wide awake
lord have mercy on my soul

so long your sorrow begone
show me how it feels to be alive
no more denial
so long
show me all the splendors of the night

so long
a little last of your attention
so long
this fluctuates your mind
see me
the god of your imagination
see me
come with me tonight

so long your sorrow begone
show me how it feels to be alive
no more denial so long


ALL IS OVER


i am the hole in your broken heart
i am the reason we all depart

by all is over
ah!
what if all is over
bye all is over
ah!


DISSECTION


life is slow review
i see it with my eyes
deeper down and further back
the storm reveals a hidden track
the sun is coming through

down by a lake as a child without a fear
when the mother's warm embrace
made a heaven in the maze
those were the moments
these were my ديس

No comments:

Jazz Music

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Music