August 21, 2010

Poets of the Fall- Where We Draw the Line

On your palm an endless wonderLines that speak the truth without a sound In your eyes awaits the tireless hungerAlready looks for prey to run down
So why do we keep up this charadeHow do we tell apart the time to leave from the time to wait
What does tomorrow want from meWhat does it matter what I seeIf it can't be my designTell me where do we draw the lineTell me where do we draw the line
The dance of flames and shadows in the streetMake poetry nobody's ever heardThe weight of loneliness stands on your feetThe cage already there around the bird
So why don't we join the masqueradeBefore it all falls apart before our love becomes insatiate
What does tomorrow want from meWhat does it matter what I seeIf I can't choose my own designTell me where do we draw the line
What does tomorrow want from meWhat does it matter what I seeIf we all walk behind the blindTell me where do we draw the lineTell me where do we draw the line
Where's the cooling windWhere's the evergreen fieldWhere's my mother's open armsWhere's my father lionheartS'like the sun's gone downSleeps in the hallowed ground nowWith the autumn's browns leavesWith the one who never grieves
So why do we keep up this charadeHow do we tell apart the time to leave from the time to wait
What does tomorrow want from meWhat does it matter what I seeIf I can't be my own designTell me where do we draw the line
Whatever tomorrow wants from meAt least I'm here, at least I'm freeFree to choose to see the signsThis is my line

No comments:

Jazz Music

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Music